Monday, January 24, 2011

Unused Bathroom

I heart Diamondbacks. Sober, it's probably a little hole in the wall with outdated posters and college night specials (although, I've never seen the inside sober). Drunk, it is the mecca for dancers, drinkers, and everyone in between. The DJ is more than decent and the drinks are moderately priced. It's a disaster good time waiting to happen.

We started Saturday night off with what seemed like a mile journey in the blistering cold to the first bar we visited- the Judge's Bench. While the beer was delicious, the crowd was of the Bruce Springsteen generation. While I have no qualms with Bruce's music, I don't necessarily want to spend my Saturday night with his peeps.

We migrated down the street to Diamondbacks and the night took a turn for the better. Randy Jackson's ABDC couldn't touch my dancing abilities (nor would they have wanted to...)but anyways...
All was well until the barkeep started flipping the lights signaling the age old "you don't have to go home but you have to the eff outta hereism". And actually it wasn't even then when the night started to head downwards.

.2 of a mile away from our house, where two perfectly usable bathrooms exist, I decided to ralph all down the side of the car that was transporting me home. Not just a wretch or a dry heave, but a full scale attack down the side of a harmless car. Of course, when I tried to clean the car off with a bottle of water, it just froze. It is just barely 10 degrees outside mind you. The boy cleaned the car off with his own devices and all I will say about that is - he was creative. Inside the house, where the two perfectly unused usable bathrooms exist, I proceeded to slip down our steps leaving me with a large bruise and a very sore ass the next morning.
Not one of my finer moments. But I did have a great time hours earlier with some pretty awesome folks.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment