Monday, May 17, 2010

Sticky Situation

This past weekend was named Wedding Weekend in honor of all the wedding crap my mom and bustled through. I was off work on Friday so this entire weekend consisted of wedding, wedding, wedding. In fact- I was wedded out come Sunday.

Our engagement pictures were taken on Saturday. The boy and I picked out semi-coordinating outfits last Wednesday night since I was headed home after work Thursday. In my rush to get everything packed and out of the door, I left one of my silver rings at home. One that I wanted to wear in our pictures. So in a last effort attempt I cruised through Target looking for a plain silver ring. I found something similar I was looking for and slipped it over my thumb. It didn't look right on my thumb but I thought it might suite my middle finger (opposite ring hand) well. It was a little snug but I forced it over the knuckle. I debated and debated and decided it just wasn't what I was picturing. I pulled the ring back up but it didn't budge.

Yep, it was stuck. And stuck GOOD. I headed to find some lotion to wiggle that baby off, the whole time walking around target with this ring stuck on my finger- the packaging of the ring on the backside of my hand- good times. After a good 5 minutes of searching for the lotion I settled for conditioner (seriously, where in that store did they hide the lotion). A good lubing slipped the ring right off my finger. Success.

Needless to say, my jewelry search ended. My right hand ring finger barren in the pictures.

On a more positive note, our engagement pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Kudos to Lindsay Edward with Edward Photography (edwardphotography.blogspot.com) for the fabulous job!!







No comments:

Post a Comment