Friday, May 21, 2010

Dating Tips

A friend of mine posted a link on dating tips specifically what the author wished she knew at 21. Of course, I must repost -I'll spare you all 31 and go with (my) the top ten.

1. Guys want to get busy more than anything. They'll say anything to close the deal. -- Yes, yes they will. Those sneaky little penises have just one thing on their mind.

2. They might take a decade to mature. Don't hope they'll grow up or be ready in the next six months.-- Considering my husband-to-be still needs his COD fix every night, I would not anticipate a 21 year old in an "adult" state of mind.

3. You deserve to be treated like a human being. -- As does he.

4. No boyfriend-girlfriend relationship starts with a 1 a.m. text.-- My last (and really only) other serious relationship with my ex started with a 2 a.m. text. This would've been helpful to me three years ago...

5. You can't force chemistry. If you like him as a friend, the attraction might grow, but if it doesn't, don't force it. And don't waste his time. -- And why waste your own? Your time is just as precious, if not more valuable than his. If he's not interested in the words of mario "if you miss one next 15 one's comin"

6. My mom always said, "Men don't think." I thought she meant, "They are mistaken in their thoughts." But they're just not thinking anything at all. About you. They're watching the game. That's why they haven't called.-- I don't wholeheartedly agree with this but she has a point- just because they haven't text or called every 10 minutes since the first "meeting" it doesn't mean they aren't interested... unless, of course, they aren't.

7. Your wants and needs are just as important as his, and if you don't express them because you think it will scare him away, then you're saying you don't count as much as he does-- Point taken.

8. Expectations? They'll ruin every dating experience you have. -- Each dude (or dudette) is different. Not every apple is a bad one (or if the glass is half empty nor is every good apple a good one).

9. Ease up on the sauce. Alcohol clouds your judgment.-- I only included this one becasue it made me laugh. Ease up on the sauce?? In this lifetime??

10. You will never understand men. Just try to understand yourself. -- And if you're anything like me this is going to take a lifetime.

So if you're still single and searching, I hope these dating tips helped...or at least made you laugh, God knows I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment