Thursday, April 29, 2010

What's Next

One day a couple weeks ago I had a mini panic attack about my life. I mean I am the quintessential plan freak. I had my life planned out the minute my eyes peaked out from the vag. Granted, I haven't always known where I would end up but I at least knew where I was trying to go. Obvi to the boob for some food.



Back to my panic attack, I just realized maybe for the first time in my life I don't know what's next. And maybe this is because for (also) the first time in my life I'm where I should/need to be at the right time. Way back when I had a list. Get a great job, buy a great house, travel, maybe get married. This was a lifetime list. I'm three-quarters through that list. I have a job that I absolutely adore, one in which I'm rewarded for hard work and don't mind spending 14 hour days should I need to. I bought a pretty bad ass townhouse and I'm getting married in a little over a year. My honeymoon will provide for some basic traveling (although traveling will still be on the list) but, I mean, what the hell is there to do next?



Do I go to law school, do I get Masters? Do I get my Masters in Public Admin or Business? Do I do neither? Clearly my list was more than just a few things but those were major life ambitions. That I conquered before the age of 25. Freaking awesome, but freaking scary.



I'm extremely comfortable with life which is great but I wonder what's in store for me. My game plan is as blank as the Rams. I'm walking blindly, without a map, and each turn I come to I play by ear. A new tactic for me, one that I'm not sure I like, but alas, I'm begrudgingly dealing with day by day. What's next...?

No comments:

Post a Comment