Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back to Civilization

Today was my first real day back to work since that big ass snowstorm Mother Nature dumped on us. I had a half day last Friday but seriously, who counts Friday as a work day? Especially a half day.

The boy and I did our share of rejuvenating the economy this weekend. With new homeownership looming over us (tomorrow is the day!), we need a crap load of stuff-including appliances, a mattress made for three (get your dirty lil minds out of the gutter- the dog unfortunately has a stake in our bed) and some badass furniture. We checked almost everything off our laundry list but we still have a good amount left to buy. (Ps, if anyone is wondering- yes, we are currently taking donations!)

Plus, I did a little retail therapy myself-I mean when The Limited is selling pants for $39.50 you jump on that. And those shoes I bought are the perfect weekend shoe... thank God for that tax money.

Ah, the 10 days of rest and relaxation (and climbing the walls to reconnect with the outside) is over and reality has set back in. Here's to a good Blue Moon to get me through the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment